MEET THE TRAINERS
Head Coach at South Island Lee Gar
A nine-time New Zealand full-contact all-styles champion, Wayne made his start under the tutelage of the now-legendary Sifu Philip Lam, a man who he describes as more a mentor in life than just a fight coach.
For years, Wayne Vaega has been a well-known name in the kickboxing circuit, running his own King of Kings shows in Christchurch as well as being a full-time head trainer of the South Island Lee Gar kickboxing club. These days, Wayne has stepped back from this full-time role to take a more hands-off approach, still providing one-on-one training for his elite fighters but taking up a role alongside his wife, Lynn Vaega, in their family business.
Fight Record: 39 total fights31 full contact kickboxing fights (Thai rules)- 29 wins and 2 losses - 6 WKA fights (American rules).- 5 wins and 1 loss
- 2 PKC rules fights- 1 win and 1 loss Achievements and Titles:
- New Zealand ISKA representative
- 9 time New Zealand Full Contact Champion - 3 x light-heavyweight titles and 6 x heavyweight titles
- 3rd in World Invitational Koushu Tournament Heavyweight Division (1980 Hawaii)
- 2nd in World Full Contact Invitational Tournament Light Heavyweight Division (1982 Hong Kong)
- 2 time New Zealand ITF (International Taekwondo Federation) Black belt Open division Champion (1984, 1986)
- Fighting ‘Fanta’ Attipong, the Thai Champion (Auckland 1988)
- Fighting Khupanoi, the Thai Champion (Auckland 1990)
" Hunter "
Fight Record: 19 total fights14-5-0 with 6 KOs Achievements and Current Titles:
- WKA North Island Regional Kickboxing Title
- ISKA Nz Mens Superwelterweight 69.5kg Oriental ( K1) Rules Kickboxing Title
Sam's strengths are his dynamic kicking style coupled with his ability to throw bombs from any angle. Add his warrior and bushido spirit and you have the making of a world champion.
Sam's coaching philosophy is simple" To bring the best out of you, I have to give you my Best ". Sams's classes are both Technical as well as conditioning based.
" If you are not 100% physically, Mentally, and Spiritually ready...Then You have No business Being inside the Ring "
" 108 Soulja " aka " The Dominator"
Achievements and Current Titles:
- New Zealand Muay Thai Association South Island Featherweight Full Thai rules Title
- ISKA New Zealand Men's Featherweight 58.2kg Full Thai Rules Title
- IKBF Mens South Pacific 62.3kg Full Thai Rules Title
- Runner up 2 years King In The Ring 62kg 8man Eliminator Tournament
Dominics Style is Thai Orientated but has expanded his boxing skills so he can compete in a mixture of rules.
Dom's philosophy is simple" To be the Best. You have to Beat The Best "
His Training Philosophy is also simple" Hard Work Beats Talent, If Talent Doesn't Work Hard"